This moist lemony cake with three layers of flavor that is just right for any special occasion.
- 1 (1.5 oz.) boxe sugar-free lemon instant pudding mix
- 1 (16 oz.) box sugar-free yellow cake mix
- 1 (0.3 oz.) box sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2 c. boiling water
- 1 (1.5 oz.) box sugar-free instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 ¾ c. milk
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) tub sugar-free frozen whipped topping thawed
Preheat oven to 350°. Follow directions on pudding mix boxes to prepare and set aside. Follow directions on cake mix box to prepare and bake in 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Let cool completely in pan.
With a fork, poke holes in cakes at ½-inch intervals.
In a medium bowl, combine gelatin with boiling water and stir until completely dissolved; let cool slightly. Slowly pour the mixture over the cake, allowing it to fill holes. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix, and milk. Mix well and let stand until thickened. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pudding and mix well. Finally, fold in whipped topping.
Spread lemon pudding over cake. Frost with the Lemon Cream Frosting. Serve promptly or refrigerate for up to 3 hours.